Caesar Marinated Brussel Sprouts Salad with Homemade Breadcrumbs
4 cups brussels sprouts, shaved on cheese grater, using a knife or a mandoline
½ cup shaved parmesan or cotija cheese
¼ cup red onion, sliced thin
1 lemon, cut in half
1 cup cubed sourdough bread or a baguette
3 tablespoons avocado oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep brussel sprouts by coating with ½ cup of caesar dressing in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cut red onion into thin slices and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper for the croutons
- Cut bread into bit size (crouton size) and coat with 2 tablespoons avocado oil and a pinch of salt. Place on a baking sheet for 5 minutes or until crispy, set aside to cool.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat adding 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Add the marinated brussels sprouts. Saute until softened, but still crunchy, about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the brussels sprouts are cooked, add to a large bowl
- Squeeze half of the lemon over the brussels. Toss to coat.Then add shaved parm, red onion, and croutons
- Serve warm or at room temperature