Courtesy of Dennis Prescott
Grilled Tajín & Maple Chicken Wings
- For the Chicken Wings
2 pounds chicken wings
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons TajIn
- Glaze & Garnish
¼ cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon Tajín
- When ready to cook, preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine wings, olive oil, Tajin, and toss until the chicken is completely coated in the mixture. (Note! This step can be done up to 4 hours before grilling – the longer the wings marinate in the Tajín mixture, the better.)
- Transfer the wings to the grill, placing directly on the grill grates in a single layer. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes, turning halfway through, until golden on the outside and cooked through on the inside (and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, combine maple, lime, and Tajín in a large bowl and mix well. When the chicken wings are done, immediately transfer them to the maple glaze bowl and toss well to coat entirely in glaze.
- Transfer chicken wings to a serving platter and sprinkle over the cilantro. Serve immediately with extra lime wedges.
- ¼ cup minced cilantro leaves, to garnish
- Extra lime wedges, to serve