Maple Chipotle Baked Beans
1-pound northern beans soaked overnight
6 slices of bacon
1 tbs minced garlic
1 yellow onion diced
½ bell pepper green or red, diced
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
2 cups ketchup
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
½ cup water
¼ cup Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
1 tablespoon basic BBQ Rub
- Drain soaked beans, then place in stockpot and cover with water to about 1″ above beans. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour, adding water if necessary. Drain beans.
- Cook Smithfield bacon in a pan until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, leaving rendered fat in pan. Crumble bacon after it cools.
- Add onions and bell peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened but not translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large baking dish add beans, onion/pepper/garlic mix from skillet and remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender and liquids have thickened around beans. Serve!