Molletes a la Mexicana
1 Bolillo or sandwich roll
4 tbsp. Butter
½ cup Shredded cheese
¾ cup Refried beans
4 slices Ham
15-20 sprigs cilantro
½ teaspoon salt
- Cut bolillo or sandwich roll in half. For a crunchy, crisp, sandwich, lightly butter the bread and toast the roll for 2 to 4 minutes in an oven at 400 °F.
- Next, top the bread with a layer of refried beans, ham slices, and shredded cheese.
- Bake again for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Then, make the homemade pico de gallo by mixing the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, and salt.
- Finish the dish by topping each Mollete with the homemade Pico de Gallo.