Enfrijoladas with Chicken
300 g. Black bean
1 pc chicken breast
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp. salt
3 fl oz cream
5-6 corn tortillas (preferably warm and fresh)
1 tbsp. cream
¼ oz grated panela cheese
½ pc avocado, sliced
- For the beans
- Soak the beans 2 hours before cooking, in salted water (1 tbsp, of salt)
- Drain and cook for 30-40 minutes in a pressure cooker with enough water to cover the beans adding the onion and a clove of garlic.
- Turn the heat off and wait some minutes before opening the lid to rectify the cooking. Beans should be soft after the cooking process. Reserve.
- For the chicken
- Cook the chicken breast for about 20-25 minutes, in a pot with water and garlic. Rectify the cooking process with a fork and remove from heat.
- Drain and let the chicken cool off in a separate container. Reserve the chicken broth.
- For the enfrijoladas
- Make a beans puree on a blender, along with the broth. Preferably divide in two or three parts.
- Add the cream and the onion and garlic you cooked the beans with.
- Fry the sauce on a pan or skillet for about 5 minutes to allow the liquid to thicken. Add salt, turn off and reserve.
- Warm the tortillas and fill with chicken. Fold and put on a plate.
- Pour the bean sauce over the filled tortillas so that they are well covered.
- Add a tablespoon of cream as decoration, the grated cheese and the avocado slices and serve.