I have been on a big spritz kick lately as the weather has finally hit summer temps and there is nothing more refreshing than a “porch pounder.” One of my favorite spirits is cognac because I love the fruity and floral notes. This Sidecar recipe allows me to combine my cognac love and my spritz habit.
When you’re able to take one of your favorite cocktails and turn it into a spritz, brunch and day drinking definitely gets more fun. In this riff on the Sidecar cocktail, I used VSOP because I think it brings more to the table. It is aged in oak vessels for at least four years, so there are layers of flavor.
Cognac, though, is super versatile, especially in cocktails. Why not give it a try in some of your favorite cocktails? Start with this one!
- 2 ounces cognac VSOP
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce triple sec
- 1 barspoon of honey or to taste
- Top with soda
- Combine all the ingredients, except soda, in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake to chill and combine ingredients.
- Double strain into a wine glass over ice.
- Top with soda.
- Garnish with lemon slice.