250g self-raising flour
1 pinch salt (optional)
50g soya butter
100ml soya milk
50g caster sugar
Dried fruit (raisins and apricots)
- Preheat oven to 180°c and grease a baking tray or line with parchment.
- Mix flour, salt and soya butter and rub together until they resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar.
- Gradually mix in the soya milk, bit by bit. Leave some milk for brushing over the top. For the fruit scones: when the mixture becomes a dough, stir in the dried fruit.
- Roll out the dough and divide into balls. Place balls on prepared tray.
- Bake in oven until just golden, normally 10 to 25 minutes.
Listen to this article…