Yields: One 8-inch square pan
1/2 cup sugar
8 tbsp butter (1 stick), melted
2 eggs, large
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In bowl, combine all ingredients
- Pour into greased 8-inch square pan and bake for 23 to 35 minutes
- To Make Muffins:
- Fill muffin tin 3⁄4 full and bake for 15-17 minutes
- To re-heat cornbread, wrap in paper towels and re-heat in microwave, or wrap in foil and re-heat in oven
- Sugar substitute: Sugar can be reduced or deleted for a less sweet cornbread. Or, substitute 1⁄4 cup honey or agave liquid to replace the sugar.
- Butter substitute: Equivalent butter substitute or 1⁄3 cup oil can replace the butter.