A good gin and tonic is one of those classic cocktails that just hits the spot especially when temperatures start rising.
Being able to travel as much as I have, it’s been mesmerizing to see all the different versions of this classic. However, one thing to note about this cocktail is that the quality of ingredients matter a lot and not just the gin — you also want a high-quality tonic, too.
For this cocktail, we added a bit of hibiscus syrup. We think you’ll agree it takes both the flavor and the color up a notch, making it the perfect aperitif going into these warmer months.
- 2 ounces gin
- ½ ounce Monin hibiscus syrup
- ¼ ounce lime juice (1 wedge, squeezed)
- Top with tonic water (approx. 4 ounces)
- Fill a gin + tonic glass (or red wine glass) with ice
- Add all the ingredients into the glass
- Stir before serving